Photography is the art of capturing images on a camera and producing it as a photographic film. In the modern world, the art of capturing images was further revolutionized when Sony invented the first camera without using films in 1981. Some of the different types of cameras in the modern world are compact cameras, Digital Single Lens Reflex cameras, and Mirrorless cameras. DSLR’s are the most professional and popular cameras.
Nikon introduced one of the first DSLR cameras in 1991. It was called the Nikon D90. But today, there are so many different DSLR cameras available in the Indian market because of which choosing the right camera for you can be a challenging task.
How does the DSLR Technology Work?
DSLR or Digital Single Lens Reflex are digital cameras that have a mirror mechanism that directs light from a camera lens to an optical viewfinder. It allows the user to see what the lens sees so that the image is more lively and real. DSLR uses the mechanism of SLR cameras and combines it with a digital image sensor that sets it apart from other types of cameras.
DSLR cameras come with different types of interchangeable lenses. The powerful features help the photographer to manipulate the capability of the camera to click photos according to their creativity and preference. Some of the advantages of a DSLR camera are:
- more shooting flexibility,
- higher quality images,
- ability to control settings, and
- above all cost-effective.
Although some DSLR cameras are very expensive, unlike other cameras, they don’t have to be updated that often.
Companies Selling DSLR Cameras
Some of the top companies selling DSLR cameras in India are Canon, Nikon, and Sony. They have a variety of models depending on the needs of the user and is the perfect fit for both the immature photographer to the most professional photographers.
DSLR Camera Options
A few of the best cameras for beginners are Nikon D3500, Canon EOS Rebel T7i, Nikon D5600, and Canon EOS 80D. More professional cameras include Nikon D7500, Canon EOS 5D Mark IV, and Sony A99 II.
There are way too many options in India these days. Finding the right camera can be a difficult task, especially for beginners. Going to the stores and checking out every camera is impossible.
Chooseit recommends Canon EOS 80D as the best DSLR camera for people interested in professional photography.
Features of the Canon EOS 80D
Some of the best features of Canon EOS 80D are:
- It comes with a 24.2 Megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor for high-resolution pictures.
- It also comes loaded with DIGIC 6 with 45 autofocus points that help in providing speed and accuracy.
- There is built-in WIFI, NFC, and Bluetooth that provides great control and ease of transferring pictures.
- A higher ISO range of 100 to 12800 helps in getting clear images in any conditions.
- It is also compatible with all EF and EF-S lens leading to better focus.
Why Can Professionals Use Canon EOS 80D?
It is recommended as the best DSLR camera for people interested in professional photography for the following reasons:
- It is the best DSLR for beginners and one of the easiest cameras to use.
- Canon EOS 80D’s camera tracks the subject and produces a crisp and clear image.
- It has many features like the viewfinder that gives a hundred percent coverage and the image stabilization that sets it apart from the rest of its competition.
- It comes in black colour and has a great design. The camera is perfect for people who are starting with photography.
- Students, Travelers and Social media influencers are one of the best potential customers for this camera.
- Equipped with 24.2 MP APS-C CMOSSensor helps you in taking the best high-resolution pictures easily.
- A wide ISO range makes it dynamic, and a 3-inch display provides a natural view.
Advantages of the Canon EOS 80D
One of the advantages of using the Canon EOS 80D is that it is easy to use with no hassles. It has clearly defined buttons and easy instructions.
Photography cheat sheet
Also, there are photography cheat sheets available that can be of use for both new and experienced photographers. A photography cheat sheet explains complex photography concepts in a simple manner that can be understood easily. You can find photography cheat sheets for many photography concepts like shutter speed, exposure triangle, portrait poses, photography tips and many more.
Canon EOS 80D provides wireless connectivity that makes it easy for transferring photos to your smartphones. The wireless connectivity is beneficial for social media influencers for applications like Instagram and Facebook, enabling the social buffs to upload their stories and images instantly on social platforms.
Shutter speed is one of the most essential features of a camera. Having a good range of shutter speed is very important. Shutter speed refers to the amount of time the camera’s shutter is open. Shutter speed affects the way moving objects are captured. If you want a clear or crisp image of the moving object, then you need a high shutter speed, but if you want the moving object to have a blurry effect in the photo, then the shutter speed should be less. To capture the best picture with Canon EOS 80D, you should shoot in shutter priority, choose a fast shutter speed, and set the camera’s release mode to continuous shoot and autofocus to AI Servo. Some of the basic considerations before pressing the shutter should be to be aware of the light, check the composition, check your aperture, and check for exposure.
Canon EOS 80D also provides high-resolution pictures without any lag. One disadvantage of EOS 80D DSLR camera is that there is no scratch-free guard. So you need to be very careful and try not to scratch on the camera.
Canon has two types of lenses for their DSLR camera range, EF and EF-S lens. EF-S lens is only compatible with APS-C or crop sensor cameras, whereas the EF lens is compatible with both full-frame cameras and crop sensor cameras. Canon EOS 80D is compatible with both types of lenses.
Also, some of the important accessories that have to be accompanied by the camera are external flash, Camera Bag, Super Fast SD card, Lens Hood, External batteries, and UV filters. DSLR cameras come with flash, but it is week because of which external flash is very important.
Canon EOS 80D is also one of the most affordable DSLR cameras with a variety of features. The price of the camera in India starts from Rs. 67000.
Right Sites to Purchase the Camera
Several websites provide detailed information about different types of DSLR cameras and have reviews from customers and experts.
- Different websites rate cameras in different ways. It all depends on the experts they use and their rating criteria.
- One camera may be the best one according to one website but might not be for another; for example, some sites recommend the canon T7 EOS Rebel while others state that the Nikon D8500 is the best camera.
- Choosing a trustworthy website is very important and more important is to identify one’s own needs and requirements.
Why Read the Reviews
There are many product review website that helps you choose the correct product according to your preference. You should look for one hundred per cent trustworthy and reliable website who do not give a biased review.
Look for a company that has a great team which is ready to spend hours researching and selecting the best products in every category. Most sites will buy the products from the store, so there is complete objectivity and independence in their reviews.
The review editor/s test the products according to their benchmark. It is tested in labs and in real-life scenarios. They carefully assess the performance for various parameters like ease of use and reliability of every product. After all this, they rank the products and explain the reason for justifying their review.
Mostly, it is the process of reviewing the products has distinguishes the one website for product reviews than the other. They rate many categories of products like beauty and healthcare, cameras and DSLR, electronics, fashion, sports and fitness, laptops, etc.
The Canon EOS 80D is a power-packed DSLR camera with amazing features. It is an excellent choice for beginners, and it’s also affordable. Some of the best websites to buy Canon EOS 80D are Amazon and Flipkar